mastering the sample editor

tatem

Just curious if anyone has seen a tutorial out there that deals well with giving a walk through/explaining the sample editor.Ive been going through the getting started/reference manuals but id like to speed up the process.For some reason its not soaking in :?

Well when I go to actually edit I get a window saying that the section cannot be changed.Do I have to save it as a seperate file and if so how.(It sounds funny editing samples in a seperate window bewilders me. :wink: )

Files already located on hard drive.When I go to say do a reverse on a clip a window pops up that "asks if I want to copy the file due to it being used elsewhere" I choose copy.Then another window pops up and says "This audio file cannot be changed!volume or file is locked.Could this possibly due to it being an apple loop?

Also I dont know if this should be an entierly new post but when im setting my begining point on certain files I cant get the Start point to go exactley where I need.It snaps back when I slide it to the start of the wave.However I can get the anchor to slide right where I want it.But like I said this was on one particular file, I did the same thing on another vox track I recorded and the "S" slide up just fine.

• 1 year later...