Problems with the sound editor

Hi everybody,

I’m using Amadeus II as my sound editor to get mp3 files, but the problem is when I want to record my Logic files it never records anything via the line in. The only thing that works is the internal mic and that’s what I’m not looking for… Otherwise I’ve tried all kinds of set ups, but none ever worked for a recording. Maybe you could help me out what I’m doing wrong or maybe could suggest a different editor which is easier to handle (I’m not using Logic professionally, please consider that).

Thank you all

Breakdown

• 4 months later...

Hey Breakdown

I also use Amadeus and Logic, but I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do.

I’m using Amadeus II as my sound editor to get mp3 files

When you bounce a mix from Logic, you can choose to export it as an mp3. You don't need Amadeus to "get" it into an mp3 form. If this isn't what you meant, what did you mean by get mp3?

I want to record my Logic files it never records anything via the line in.

Again, are you aware of bouncing your mix? You don't need an external program to export your mix from Logic.

If you are looking to just capture the sound from Logic as you twiddle settings, I would recommend avoiding the Digital to Analog, then Analog to Digital conversion. This degrades the sound quality. You want to capture the sound of logic within the software. You can learn how to do this by setting up a bus to record.

This will walk you through it.

Or, you could use another piece of software to capture. I use AudioHijack, it's not free, but it's very useful to quickly snatch audio from anywhere.

Good luck. I'd recommend reading the manual about bouncing your mix.