Guitarist Seeking Help

digmo

Hi all,

i am very new to the use of my mac and my guitar and am deliberating as to what software I should buy to play my guitar with effects and record a few things.

I am am trying to work out if I should go for Logic Express 8 or the full studio ?

Any advice for this noobie would be greatly appreciated.

Dig

Logic Express is a good start to see how you like using logic. I started out this way and went for the full upgrade within weeks. You should also consider buying one of the Apple training books to help you, it covers express also) i know David has one out :wink:

I bought one with Logic 7,i would of been lost without it and it is a great resource.

This forum is a great help also!

Good luck!

Logic Express is a good start to see how you like using logic. I started out this way and went for the full upgrade within weeks. You should also consider buying one of the Apple training books to help you, it covers express also) i know David has one out :wink:

I bought one with Logic 7,i would of been lost without it and it is a great resource.

This forum is a great help also!

Good luck!

Hi

In short I'd look at Gearbox, Amplitube 2, and Guitar Rig 3 for plug ins. All 3 are very good and have their weak points and strong points. I feel That Gearbox is better for High gain metal sounds though the other 2 apps are more than capable in that department. It's just preference really. Try to download some demos if you can so you can decide for yourself. Or you can do what a lot od folks do and buy all 3!! :D

Hope this helps

Have a good one

Yeah

Amplitube2 and Gearbox are my favs. You get great sounding amp models and great effects built right in. The great thing about Logic is that it has a lot of great effects you can put in the signal chain that will sound great along with the built in effects and best of all you can then save it as a channel strip when you are done. You can create some really complex chains and then click on a button and it's all right there for you. Definitely look into it.

Have a good one :D

Hi..Here's a thread that talks about differing opinions on Amp modelors and the like...Logic Studio is your best bet..The additional instruments and FX in Logic Pro 8 are worth the extra money...Plus you get lots of Extra sounds and loops to work with..Better if you are coming in from the guitar side because with the extra jampack content you have more options for getting to understand how to use Logic..Due to the fact you can set up,most likely a couple loops to sketch over..

Here's the link to the thread... http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=20689&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=guitar+amp+pro&start=20 ........JON