Quantization Strength

leegaze1

Both LP7 & LP8 have Quantization strength available. In LP7 you get it by pressing X while a midi region is selected (or by searching the KC window with the term Extended Region parameters. In LP8 you get it by control-clicking the Region Parameter box at the Inspector.

Any help?

i

Hey, thanks for that! I havent had a chance to try it yet. Canit be preset and saved to an autoload or does it have to be applies to each individual midi region? thanks again

Sorry. I don't know. You just have to try and see if the setting can be saved into autoload.

i

Can it be preset and saved to an autoload or does it have to be applies to each individual midi region? thanks again

You can save the midi file you are quatizing as a groove template. (Make sure you normalise the midi data before creating the groove template) the name of the midi file should then appear in you quantise list.

Hey, thanks for that! I havent had a chance to try it yet. Canit be preset and saved to an autoload or does it have to be applies to each individual midi region? thanks again

Click the background of the Arrange area to have the Region Parameter Box (top of the Inspector) display the "MIDI Thru" parameters. Adjust those parameters as desired: they will be applied to any new MIDI region you record. You can then use File > Save As Template to save your new template with your new default set of MIDI parameters.