Logic Pro newbie having trouble with Tascam FW1082

Fonikar

Hello all

This is my first post as I am new to mac ownership and to Logic Pro.

I am running a G5 with Leopard 10.5, Logic Pro 8 and using a Tascam FW1082 as my audio interface.

I am really confused trying to get this working. It seems to vary completely on what mood it is in. Sometimes it doesn't react at all. Sometimes it does, but the faders control the pan, but there is nothing in the setup that gives a clue how to get it to work to control levels. I have tried a test in controller assignments and it seems to sense everything just fine, but equally it seems to flash random lights (esp the mute ones) and sometimes it seems to randomly swap between selecting channel 1 and 2 and some faders seem to randomly parallel up.

I had wondered if it was some sort of MIDI loopback that was causing the trouble.

I'm sure this is a simple problem that is down to my noviceness with this setup.

Thanks in advance.

Yes. I believe so.

I double clicked on the file - FW-1082_OSX_1.6.0.dmg

From what I've found i believe this is the most recent driver.

I think I might also have installed the DPPluging driver too - could this have caused a problem? If so how would I uninstall it?

Thanks

Hello all

This is my first post as I am new to mac ownership and to Logic Pro.

I am running a G5 with Leopard 10.5, Logic Pro 8 and using a Tascam FW1082 as my audio interface.

I am really confused trying to get this working. It seems to vary completely on what mood it is in. Sometimes it doesn't react at all. Sometimes it does, but the faders control the pan, but there is nothing in the setup that gives a clue how to get it to work to control levels. I have tried a test in controller assignments and it seems to sense everything just fine, but equally it seems to flash random lights (esp the mute ones) and sometimes it seems to randomly swap between selecting channel 1 and 2 and some faders seem to randomly parallel up.

I had wondered if it was some sort of MIDI loopback that was causing the trouble.

I'm sure this is a simple problem that is down to my noviceness with this setup.

Thanks in advance.

I've been having problems with the Tascam 1082 too. I've only had it for a couple days so it's still kinda new for me. I think the reason why you have the blinking lights (the mute ones) is because a track is probably soloed somewhere.

Also you mentioned about the channels 1 and 2 on the FW1082 randomly move up. The reason why that happens is because your in the "MON MIX" mode. When your in that mode and use the "BANK" buttons your actually functioning the "ANLG" inputs and "D IN" inputs(Analog or Digital inputs). Don't feel bad. I'm having minor issues with Logic and the FW1082 out of ignorance. I need to get comfortable with everything. I hope that make sense.

Yes. I believe so.

I double clicked on the file - FW-1082_OSX_1.6.0.dmg

From what I've found i believe this is the most recent driver.

I think I might also have installed the DPPluging driver too - could this have caused a problem? If so how would I uninstall it?

Thanks

Hi,

I had one that was also moody. ..Anyway, having the latest driver in this case may actually be your problem. Depending on your system, you may need to go to the Tascam website & look for the driver fix; it's called a downgrade--

OK, here, check this:

fw_audio_downgrade.pdf

I've got two Tascam FW 1082 and one FW 1884 in my College Music Tech Department. They frequently drop the firewire connection, and do this regardless of the fixes such as rolling back FW Audio drivers. None of the other FW Audio interfaces (we have a few MOTU and RME ) exhibit this problem, which can usually only be rectified by powering down the interface disconnecting the FW Cable, rebooting the IF, and then re-attaching the FW Cable. We did find that the frequency of the problem dropped dramatically, when we changed the network settings to disable FW Network.

Colin Orr

http://www.janus-music.com