OSX 10.5.2 has screwed Mainstage for me, anyone else?

pink_rabbi

with 10.5.1 and Mainstage 1.0.2 I had a pretty damn solid setup, since the 10.5.2 update I'm getting crazy cpu spikes all over the place and its basically feeling a lot less reliable. My advice, if you're using Mainstage for gigging, hold of on the osx update, I'm prob gonna have to roll back. You'd think Apple would test this sorta thing especially on their own programs!

with 10.5.1 and Mainstage 1.0.2 I had a pretty damn solid setup, since the 10.5.2 update I'm getting crazy cpu spikes all over the place and its basically feeling a lot less reliable. My advice, if you're using Mainstage for gigging, hold of on the osx update, I'm prob gonna have to roll back. You'd think Apple would test this sorta thing especially on their own programs!

I've read that AirPort screws up the CPU. Can you disable AirPort and test again?

• 2 weeks later...

Not only 10.5.2 but all of leopard, I gave up stripped everything of my mac book pro and reinstalled Tiger, Logic and Mainstage. It took 4 hours to do but I at least stable now

I'm surprised Apple is doing nothing but making the problem worse. I've had an Apple computer in one form or another since 1980 and this is the first time I feel really let down.

They are turning into what Steve Jobs called Microsoft

"A third rate software company"

Not only 10.5.2 but all of leopard, I gave up stripped everything of my mac book pro and reinstalled Tiger, Logic and Mainstage. It took 4 hours to do but I at least stable now

I'm surprised Apple is doing nothing but making the problem worse. I've had an Apple computer in one form or another since 1980 and this is the first time I feel really let down.

They are turning into what Steve Jobs called Microsoft

"A third rate software company"

How is Mainstage with Tiger then? I found it was pretty stable under Leopard 10.5.1 so may just roll back to that but have been considering going all the way back to Tiger though. Leopard as a whole seems pretty stable now but its like they're not too fussed about Mainstage users, the 1 program that needs 100% reliability.

• 1 month later...
It's much more stable under Tiger no dropouts or problems I won't update to Leopard until I'm sure that it will work

Well, I still use Tiger and since the last Airport update neither Logic nor Mainstage work properly until I swtch off Airport. Before this update I had no problems WHATSOEVER with Airport and Logic running at the same time.

• 1 month later...
It's much more stable under Tiger no dropouts or problems I won't update to Leopard until I'm sure that it will work

Well, I still use Tiger and since the last Airport update neither Logic nor Mainstage work properly until I swtch off Airport. Before this update I had no problems WHATSOEVER with Airport and Logic running at the same time.

Im Using an iMac with 2.2 GHz, 2GB Ram Leopard 10.5.2 On it.. Both Logic & Main Stage Seem Workin Fine On It... I Never Had A Problem With 10.5.2...

Seeing how I've been forced to use Leopard as of buying a new mac, I can say it's working *ok* at the moment aside from a few graphical glitches + some odd SMP behavior.

When I ran Logic on my PowerBook under Leopard it would frequently crash, have errors, CoreAudio Failures, complete drop outs, hangs, zombies.. you name it.. all of which were resolved by re-installing tiger..

Thus I have two partitions on the PowerBook now, Tiger and Leopard, Tiger is a base install with nothing on that I don't need for Sound, and Leopard is my playhouse for all other things.. sucks to have to reboot but it gives you an air of confidence when you're recording that mdsworker (Spotlight) won't suddenly decide to have an episode and eat all your cpu cycles like it does in Leopard.

If i Had a choice on my new mac, I'd re-install Tiger.

• 3 weeks later...