Cow bell sounds in Logic?

aarondicker

Forget about looking for Bell sounds, make your own!!! Any of the Logic synths that can create FM sounds, or Ultrabeat can make great Bells!!! Have fun, and again try to make your own Bells, much more rewarding. Someonelikeyou.

p.s. Lots of info on the web about synthesizer programming.

Jamaican Duck is actually quite tasty .................

-

Deepswing is spot-on.

Find a loop with the sound you like.

If you want to play the bell in, cut the loop up and make

a sample of one hit. Plop it into Ultrabeat or whatever

your sample player of choice. (I use VSamp3 for short

percussion hits.)

-

C

Hey guys...

You know I'm a big fan of percussions myself and there are tons of samples and loops out there and ways to create them as stated above.

But I went to Guitar Center and looked through what they had and found the Cow bell I liked the best was only 15-20 US Dollars(I don't know about U.K.).

Your tracks can become so much more alive if you know what you are doing. I just wanted to say don't forget that option after all we are working in recording. And you can create your on loops if you are creative and then sell them to you're friends. :D

Hey guys...

You know I'm a big fan of percussions myself and there are tons of samples and loops out there and ways to create them as stated above.

But I went to Guitar Center and looked through what they had and found the Cow bell I liked the best was only 15-20 US Dollars(I don't know about U.K.).

Your tracks can become so much more alive if you know what you are doing. I just wanted to say don't forget that option after all we are working in recording. And you can create your on loops if you are creative and then sell them to you're friends. :D

Radlid speaks the truth. Sure, you could get a cowbell sample easily enough. These days the palette of available samples make a composer's life so easy that only one's imagination (or lack of it) gets in the way. But anytime you use a sample, it's guaranteed that someone else is using it too. Just like preset patches in synths that got over-used in the pre-sampler days, there's a tendency for musical parts to sound canned. Sometimes that sameness will occur with every single hit of your cowbell, your snare, your kick, your bass notes.

And that's cool for lots of music. And no two people use the same sample in the same context (although orchestral music is another story). But if you want some sense of realism, or more importantly, life and feel in your tracks, real instruments are the way to go. Yours will not sound like anyone elses. And the nuances you get will sound like no one else's.

Of course you have to have a mic and a preamp to capture the sound. But assuming you have that, for a few bucks and the cost of a stick, you can breathe life into your part.

Ah, bless you for that, ski!

After visiting this site, I now realize why the Barber "Adagio for Strings" falls just short of the mark -- it just needs a little bovine intervention!

Y'know, for years it's bothered me that, as beautiful as that piece is, something was... I dunno... y'know, missing. A hole in the emotion, as it were.

Anyway, here is THE classic cowbell reference of all time:

http://webfeedcentral.com/2005/01/21/more-cowbell-video/

Archived