help me!!!

jennanyc1

I just got Logic Pro and I'm really only concerned with using Mainstage for live performance. I installed everything properly ( I assume) and as of now I'm just trying to get a midi signal and sound from both of my controllers. I have both usb ports on my macbook taken up (one by a midi controller and the other from an AK 1 interface). I connected my other controller to the interface via midi cable and I'm having sound issues now. When I play anything on the controller, it cuts out in the amp. I basically can't sustain any sound without it cutting out. Could it be a setting I have wrong somewhere? The amp is literally brand new, so I know that's not the source of the problem. Could the problem be based on my audio output or input settings?

Questions:

1.) What should I have the AK 1 set to in midi preferences? Audio Out?

2.) When I attempted to set the AK 1 to audio out in system preferences-sound, it said that audio out is not supported. What should I have set to audio in?

3.) Lastly, I set up another keyboard in layout mode, set it to midi channel 2 (my other controller is set to channel 1) and I learned it, but I'm not getting a midi signal or sound from it. It is connected to my interface by a midi cable. How can I get sound from both of my controllers????

If someone can help me, I will really REALLY appreciate it!

Thanks

Since none of the more experienced users havn´t respond yet, i will try to help a little bit.

I presume the AK1 is the Native instruments audio/midi interface. I had a look at the knowledge base at their site and there seems to be some install program for the AK1. There was some issue with sound fading out where they recommended to upgrade the AK1 with the latest firmware. Maybe that applies to yor problem too?

But before trying to update the firmware of the interface it is neccessary to have it installed properly.

So the first thing to solve is to get the Macbook to recognice the AK1 as an audio and midi interface. So start over with the installation is what i would do.

When the mac recognices the AK1 set it up as Audio out and audio in. Leave the system sounds to the internal speaker.

It might be good to try to remove the keyboard that is directly connected to the usbport for the moment, just to simplify things a little bit when it comes to troubleshoot the inteface problem.

I dont have any experience with using two keyboards in mainstage, but the manual talks about it. If you have made a layout with two keyboards and mainstage recognice them separately, it should be all about building the consert and assign the different instruments to the proper keyboard and midichannel.

I´m sorry i cant help you much more than that.

Hope this helps

Hans

What kind of computer, CPU and RAM are you using? I am concerned about the "sound cutting out" issue: do you mean it just stops sustaining shortly after the attack is triggered, even if you keep the key depressed on the controller keyboard? Or do you mean it keeps cutting in and out at fast intervals?

Does it happen in MainStage only, and not in Logic? In MainStage, when it happens, what do the CPU and MEMORY meters read at the top center of the interface (in the Toolbar)?

There shouldn't be any setup in MainStage for the keys on any MIDI controller to trigger the sounds in MainStage. You should be able to connect two MIDI controllers and they will both trigger the same sounds, even simultaneously. So if a keyboard doesn't trigger sounds while another does, that means the first keyboard isn't properly recognized: did you download and install the latest drivers specific for that keyboard and your type of computer (PPC vs Intel CPU)? Does that keyboard work properly in Logic?