VSTi JuNkiE ....need fix

e-ternal

Hey there!!

Awesome forum!!!....ANYWAYS,

I've been usin protools for years making hard-pounding drum n bass/ breakore. I like sampletank alot. Had to sell my digi002 and get a delta-44 cause i was hard up for cash....plus annoyed with protools and pumped about logic's features.

I still cant figure out how to set up an environment ready for vst's...i select the audio instrument and hit the i/o button and cant see any input for my VSTi's. Must be doin somethin wrong but man its gettin frustrating!!

If anyone can hook me up with a helpful reply or better yet hook me up with a premade project file all ready for VSTi'ing I would be laughin my sack off !!

thanks

Hi and Welcome to the Madhouse !

First, all your VSTi's are installed OK and passing AU Validation when you kick off in Logic ? Yeah ?

You don't need to mess with the Environment stuff too much, too early on.

When you first set up Logic, the Assistant lets you specify some basic starting points, like 8 Audio Tracks 12 Audio Insts 8 Busses etc etc etc etc

Run that setup Assistant again from the menu bar and see if you can get the hang of setting a basic startup scene. Then save this as a template called "Autoload". You can guess what this does: every new song opens with the template you just made.

Click in a track in the Arrange window tracklist and follow the yellow brick road through the menu heirarchy until you're not in Kansas anymore and you see the "Audio Instrument" option. Select it. Then, in the mixer (or the channel pane on the bottom left of the Arrange if you have a decent screen) click-hold in the empty box just above the *Output* box. Et Voila ! Choose a VSTi, bro, and go ............

8)

thanks a bunch man...not sure if i got "the assistant" on my version (5.1 for pc) but i'll for sure try it out when i get home....however, for some reason i cant even access logic's built in instruments??

Anyways...I'll see how it goes!!

-later man

5.1 on a pee-cee won't have those setup features in quite the same way as 7.1 on a Mac :(

You didn't give a kitlist, so I assumed. I shouldn't assume !

Logic is, of course, no longer available for the pee-cee so I suppose I could get all smug and say you need to get a Mac and upgrade to 7 ! ! ! ! But would I do that ?

Consider it, though. 7.1 on a G5 Mac would give you wings, man.

8)

Archived