Deep soulful house drums?

sureno

hi, where is a good place to go to look at a few of the more complex soulful house drum arrangements (rich percussion, intricate hat placement, i hate using loops so i always create my own arrangement but im getting to a sort of block at the moment where i feel i could do with a few tips or a push in the right direction, i have referenced a fair bit of similar sounding drums but im just at a blanc, maybe i need a break :?

many thanks

paul

no sweat.

i used to like programming a 909 4 on the floor beat... with the classic snare patterns and then some... the classic hi hat sound, ... maybe a little SWING added to it but not too much... then sometimes under that, a tastefully chosen percussion loop to offset the 909 sounds but not overpower...

just re programing the bongos to sound proffesional to be honest, i read somewhere bongos should be an octave apart to sound lively? i use single shot audio samples and can never seem to quite arrange them to sound just how others do or proffesional perc loops sound

thanks for helping

just re programing the bongos to sound proffesional to be honest, i read somewhere bongos should be an octave apart to sound lively? i use single shot audio samples and can never seem to quite arrange them to sound just how others do or proffesional perc loops sound

thanks for helping

yeah... its easy once you get the sounds running and set up nicely...

each sound should be its own sample.... a dedicated sound.

then, check out some loops of these types of sounds.. and then play your sounds...you'll then see which is usually which, and then can hammer out your own and still do it professionally. its then fun to add some tempo sycned delays, but dont go hog wild unless ya want that effect. if you want a more stripped down example, email me at: music@30mileshigh.com and i'll shoot you some isolated examples of what i mean....

VINCE

:)

thanks for helping

yeah... its easy once you get the sounds running and set up nicely...

each sound should be its own sample.... a dedicated sound.

then, check out some loops of these types of sounds.. and then play your sounds...you'll then see which is usually which, and then can hammer out your own and still do it professionally. its then fun to add some tempo sycned delays, but dont go hog wild unless ya want that effect. if you want a more stripped down example, email me at: music@30mileshigh.com and i'll shoot you some isolated examples of what i mean....

VINCE

:)

thanks for that dude i just started another thread to see if may be i should start programming my drums differently? il drop you an e-mail