2 things I can't figure out

BenJammin123

Hello all,

1 - Been trying to figure out how to adjust the grid resolution in a similar way to how it's done in Pro Tools, Live, and Reason... that is, where you select btwn 16, 16T, 32, 32T 48, 48T, 64, 64T and so on. I know zooming in will enable you to see grid bars, but after a certain point it seems that they don't show up.... you can see small ticks in the header by the marker section, but it's seems that regions won't snap to those. Beyond that, I wish I know how to toggle back and forth btwn straight grid bars and triplet gird bars.

2 - As I try to audition external media, Logic often crashes... I know my samples are supported file formats... AIFF, WAV, MP3... but Logic still crashes... it happens at least once every five times I’m going through my sample library from the audio bin>add audio file path.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ben

1) Adjust the division setting (below the tempo setting in your Transport bar) to adjust the grid resolution.

2) It shouldn't do that, so here are a couple of things you can try:

• Quit Logic, move ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.plist to the desktop and restart Logic.

• Use Disk Utility to repair permissions.

As I have said in other posts, I am a beginner especially in logic, but here are my two cents. I will be sure to yield the floor to more knowledgeable people. However, in recording through other programs, if a drive that is external becomes unattached, it will crash the program. Firewire connectors can be a bit loose. This could be the culprit.

Archived