Logic audio suggestion

kamarx

I just sent the following message to Apple. Any comments from anyone? I'm just trying to get Logic to be perfect.....

"I am a recent convert to Logic from Pro Tools, and have one really big problem with Logic (I'm running 7.1). When recording audio in Pro Tools (or analog, for that matter) when you punch in new audio over pre-existing audio the new audio always takes precedent over the pre-existing one. I think Logic would be infinitely more user-friendly in the audio world if there were an option for a "destructive edit" function that creates a break in all pre-existing audio files for new ones during recording. This way, when recording multiple musicians (which I do), the tracks are essentially finished without further editing."

Thanks!

KM

Hi David,

I'm in between jobs at home right now, so haven't had a chance to really try the "replace mode" much. I did get to try it a little, if not the solution, it's certainly getting there. Also choosing "no overlaps" in the drag menu helps.

Here's another question for you. In Pro Tools, when you are in QuickPunch, the PT equivalent of "Punch on the Fly", the audio starts recording as soon as you start rolling. This makes it easy to make edits, etc. Any way to do this in Logic?

By the way, I'm digging Logic more each time I use it.

Thanks,

Kerry