Bouncing Latency and more...

kudante

Hey guys.

Been a Logic user shortly after the release of v 7, but I was taught logic at school earlier, and have been involved in sequencing for a while, so in short, I know my way around the program n' stuff.. no braggin!.. just explainin! However, I've experienced some problems, maybe you guys can point out some errors of mine, or just make me feel not-alone in the fact that it's a bug, or an impossible act. :shock:

So, most recently, after the updates that just came out, I've had this bizarre, probably.... 10 millisecond delay that is created in a file I bounce and reimport it.

For instance, when I bring in copywriten loops from a library that I've purchased into the arrange window, I swear on my all, it slows logic down big time. The initial pause before playback increases.... navigation slows down...etc. Also your options with what you can do with the region are cut down strictly to Loop on/off I think, which is also a bummer. So, usually, I'll just pop the loop on an audio track, loop the selection, and solo it, ctrl+apple+B (set up myself) to bounce it, and then i have my own, controllable, non funky loop. However now, theres this weird latency before the actual bounced data starts within the new file. This also, in turn, truncates the end.

Any ideas? I'm on a mac g5.. dual2ghz with 2.5g of ram... and more importantly, I use an Emi 6|2m, which I think are called Esi now, after some particular change with Emagic... I don't know if that's related to my problem or not, but I do believe my drivers are updated n' stuff.

Has anyone else experienced the 'slow-down' I'm talking about? I almost can't pin it down to specific causes sometimes, which just really puzzles me. However logic's menu navigation is alot niftier and speedier after the recent udpates.

One other main strangeness, is that I've had complete audio drop outs with Stereo Delay. Like, on completely seperate situations, using completely unrelated audio.. etc. It'll ring out for a second, and then cut out, and then come back in. No automation present what so ever.. very confusing for me, and I just assume it's a bug. But I've never noticed anyone else saying anything about it.

Any clues?

Thanks for reading this big post.

I come from tweaky IDM programs on a PC... so the professionalism and big-ness of logic sometimes makes me a bit buggy, so all help is appreciated big time. :P

They're nine times outta ten.. wave.. 16/44. I can even upload a file (is that possible on this board?) if need be, just to test it out on some other peoples systems. It's hilarious, the MOMENT you drag it into the arrage, I get a near-second-in-length delay before playback begins.

Curious.. I wonder if it has something to do with protection on the loops because of how I removed them from their original folder hierarchy?... kind of a long shot.

Thanks for the chat back though

Wicked man, let me know if anyone'd just like an email with the file just to try it.. I'm real interested to see if this happens with other people.

In the meantime.. anybody else experiencing the latency after a bounce?

Hi Kudante

Try converting them to AIFF and see if they still misbehave.

Broadcast WAV format has a *huge* header segment. Ordinary WinTel WAV format also needs about 200 bytes preread, but this is nowhere near one second, of course.

Strange, indeed.

You can PM me for an email address to send your file and I'll bung it through the mill this end and see if I can repro your problem.

I've been dealing with the same thing for a bit now .....haven't had the break to deal with it....in my case it is also happening when I playback fresh recordings....mysteriously after 10.3.9 update....cure for this ailment????