Possible to make audio regions transparent?

dantheman65

Hi,

I'm trying to quantize some drums I recorded and am currently just chopping regions up and aligning the transients to bar markers.

This works well except when dragging regions around you cannot see the bar/beat lines on the background as the region is completely opaque.

Is there an option or toggle to make regions transparent/bar lines show through?

Thanks,

-Dan

No. But you might try snapping the clip to the bar marker, then just move the anchor in the Sample editor to line up your hit to the beat. You can be a lot more accurate this way. Also, if you make tempo changes, the anchor sticks to that beat.

I don't think so, but you can make more lines by changing the value of the time signature Denominator say from 4/4 to 4/64. You can see this change in the arrange window. There are a few other things in different screens that can be changed. (i.r. Piano roll).

Not sure if this is something you are looking for.

No. But you might try snapping the clip to the bar marker, then just move the anchor in the Sample editor to line up your hit to the beat. You can be a lot more accurate this way. Also, if you make tempo changes, the anchor sticks to that beat.

That is actually a very cool way to do it. In reading this - I realized that the changing of tempo was something I have overlooked in the past. Good call.

but you can make more lines by changing the value of the time signature Denominator say from 4/4 to 4/64. You can see this change in the arrange window

That is a good way as well. Especially when it comes to fills, or blast beats (which I mess with in Metal music ... a lot).

Both - good ideas, guys.

Fantastic I didn't even think of this, cheers.

Slightly offtopic but how do you guys align transients?

Obviously alot of people put the zero crossing at the start of the bar but I was always tought during my time as an assistant that you want it to start on the first peak.

How do you guys do it?

Archived