Best ####ing mousepad in the world.

Wow. Just wow.

If you've got $40 kicking around, check these things out:

http://www.steelseries.com/us/products/surfaces/i-2/information

Just picked one up from the local MemoryExpress (~$40 CDN) in the blue color. Not only does the thing look good, but it's solid (should be for a chunk of glass) and my mouse (a Logitech G7 Cordless) just *glides* across it. As in, giving it a little shove sends it flying across the I2 surface.

It's the closest I've ever gotten to a "frictionless" mouse. Feels really, really strange too, since it takes virtually no effort to move the mouse.

Here's a pic incase you're wondering what it looks like...

-DN

MPad.jpg.63033e84aa0baf0169bef98a8ebe5c77.jpg

Just tried out Panto's idea. Glass cutting board from the kitchen. White piece of paper under it...

Nada.

This was thin CLEAR plate glass, not one of those cutting thingies.

Just tried it with 6mm smoky glass. doesn't work ! !

Tried a sheet of "white" glass (dye in the actual glass) and that works,

sort of, but is jerky.

Above about 3mm, this seems to fail.

Why ?

Refractive index ? Distance from mouse sensor to reflective plane ?

-

C

Oh.

I see.

Well, unlike you I don't live in a glass warehouse. I don't have access to smoky glass, this glass, that glass. Oh, to be so lucky as to have a fine selection of glass just laying around. And refractometers and all that. Sure, I could break a beer bottle over my head, melt down the shards in the oven on a baking sheet, wait for it to cool, and try that out, but chances are that won't work either because it probably wouldn't end up being a flat surface due to the fact that I don't have any calendaring equipment like I'll bet you do. Or maybe you have a lead float process in the living room or some other kind of smelting equipment. I, myself, do not. Sigh...

Oh.

I see.

Well, unlike you I don't live in a glass warehouse. I don't have access to smoky glass, this glass, that glass. Oh, to be so lucky as to have a fine selection of glass just laying around. And refractometers and all that. Sure, I could break a beer bottle over my head, melt down the shards in the oven on a baking sheet, wait for it to cool, and try that out, but chances are that won't work either because it probably wouldn't end up being a flat surface due to the fact that I don't have any calendaring equipment like I'll bet you do. Or maybe you have a lead float process in the living room or some other kind of smelting equipment. I, myself, do not. Sigh...

Man,you Yanks are sooooooooooooo backwards!

:D