Help with proper sync settings with logic and mpc

onedub500

I am new to using logic and I am trying to sync my mpc(slave) to logic(master) so i can track out individual tracks from my mpc to logic in sync. The problem is not with my mpc 500 settings, but with the logic midi settings. I am very unfamiliar the midi setting in logic. I know logic midi needs to be going to the midi input. I tried for six hours setting this up and got to the point where it was functioning in the sslave master format i wanted, but it played the audio really messed up as if the two bpm's were not set the same(but they were). I tried it again before i went to work today and i dont remember the settings i used to get even that far. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If this helps my mpc 500 only has midi clock, not mtc, but i know i should still be able to sync the two. If anyone can help me with the proper logic midi settings and help solve the problem i will send you some free QUALITY drum kits.[/u]

good looking out on the video...is this yours? Im still having trouble with the audio not playing correctly. My frame rate is at 29.97 (i heard that works for roland mv). Maybe it has something to do with the bar position or smpte? i dont really understand why it is playing the audio messed up, like the midi settings arent matching. The mpc(slave)/logic(master) setup works, but if i reverse the process (change mpc settings to master, and logic to slave(maunual), it doesnt work at all. Hopefully the guy who posted the video will do that sync mpc video with newer mpc's soon...until then i'll keep trying. Also, on my mpc, the bar position reads 001.01, however if i try to enter that in logic's bar position, it displays the bar position it reads 1 1 1 1? any suggestions?

Archived