Meter level while recording with software monitor . . .

Patrick Andrew

Guitar is plugged in and using the level monitor in the track window an appropriate level is set.

Next I'm using amplitube as a plugin to monitor.

No matter how I set amplitubes level, the meter is always displaying the pre level (before the plug in) even turning amplitube master out all the way down.

I enabled the pre / post button on the transport but nothing changes however it is set. Is there away to change the meter level monitor to include any plug ins?

For example:

In this case I wanted to boost the amplitube master output and see the level after the plugin. The reason being I could not tell where I seemed to be getting some clipping after the input as the input level was fine.

Just a thought anyways.

I see .... well you can always do that after you've recorded a little test run. Play it back and find the source of the clipping.

As David pointed, the Rec enable behaviour is Pre, but you still can route the recording track to Aux and insert your plugins on that Aux so you can use the Aux as post level realtime monitor ( see the pic below ) and some extra things...

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/3490/auxmongb3.gif