For Sale

I have the following hardware for sale.

All brand new. All in mint condition. Maybe 4 hours of use on any of it. I guess audio was just a passing hobby, as I've lost my interest in it (unfortunately).

I don't know what this stuff is worth. So everything is Best Offer.

1) Gibson Robot Guitar, First Production Run (blue burst color), #2922. W/Everything, including new strings. Don't have the original cardboard box, though. Comes with a 20FT 1/2" cable, one side is straight, the other is right-angle (with some sort of disconnect button on it so the amp/input device doesn't pop when you unplug it).

1.5) Hercules floor guitar stand. Cost me about $30, and I'd like to include it with the guitar. Extremely stable, folds up and holds the guitar at the bottom (not at the neck).

2) Komplete 5. New in box. - SOLD.

3) Apogee Duet. Brand new. Mint condition, in box, with everything.

4) Logic 8 Professional. NIB.

5) Reason 3.0, NIB. Installed twice, used for maybe 2 hours.

-DN

Hey Dennis,

Don't give up. It's cheaper.

You may wake up tomorrow with the greatest idea ever for a song.... and then realise you've sold your studio.

Software and hardware can be a hassle. Salesmen and programmers may be the Devil incarnate. But don't ever be put off. Inside you is a genius waiting to get out.

Stick with it.

Don't sell.

Don't do it.. Please don't make any fast decisions when it comes to giving up an ability to express yourself! Maybe you feel that making music is not the thing for you right now, but I've thought that about alot of things in my life, and most of the time is was wrong.. My vision was clouded, or I was pissed off at myself because I did'nt like the results I was getting.. but seriously.. think about it properly before you decide to give up!

Just because they killed you off in Jurassic Park 1, it doesn't mean you should give up so easily now.

Besides, with your figure, you're going to need all the toys you can get to impress the chicks!

Hey, thanks for all the kind words.

I've been a hardcore Unix/Linux geek for as long as I can remember. My jobs have always reflected that and I've always been happy, working with both the equipment & software at work, as well as my own private collection of various SGI and Sun workstations at home (along with a few Intel flavored Apples).

Then I lost my job, which was a rather low point in my life. For some reason, music filled the void that a lack of job left. With no obligations to the outside world, I found it incredibly easy to stay at home and just groove out in Logic 8. As more time passed, alone, I found that producing music became increasingly easier. What I did eventually create was extremely dark.

I sold my Sun's, SGI's, and MBP to pay the bills. Eventually, 6 months passed since I'd lost my job. All I have left is a handful of audio equipment & software, and a few tracks I made. My prior enjoyed hobbies have been replaced with the reclusive act of producing private music.

Obviously, my money ran out. I found another job a few days ago, only because I had no choice. The simple act of entering society once again has changed my mental state, as I knew it would. I'm working with Unix & Linux again, which I'm enjoying. My friends were surprised to find I'm still alive. I've managed to rewind my life and continue it at the point before I lost my job.

It's not that my audio skills and interest have gone into remission. It's that, for me, at least, I found that my creativity was largely linked to my mental state at the time. I guess you could say that my music & creativity were dependent on depression. This is not something I'd like to relive.

That being said, most of my studio hardware is gone. The rest of it I'm selling. I could keep it around as a memento of something, but I'm not inclined to. I would rather get rid of it all, and buy back the workstations I sold.

> Are you putting any of this up on eBay or any other place like that?

Yes. I've yet to get around to it as I've got some other things to sort out first, but they will be on Ebay in 1-2 days. If you're interested, please PM me with an offer. I'll consider anything reasonable.

-DN

wow..hell of a story. Kudo's to you for being AWARE of what was going on inside yourself, and being able to pull yourself out of it.

I do have the feeling, however..that you may want to hang on to your guitar. As you find yourself back in a more positive space, that little gem might express itself in some positive ways for you. They have a way of doing that ;)

I'll PM you with the stuff I might be interested in.

> I do have the feeling, however..that you may want to hang on to your guitar.

Nah.

Never had much interest in it. While I've used it a bit, at the time, I bought it because of the RGB LED's on the control knob and the motorized faders. That's about it.

I'm sure someone else will get more use out of it then I ever will. It certainly is a remarkable chunk of technology.

-DN

yeah...there's no telling if there's a future value for those 'first edition' ones either. There's a number of them up on eBay already (with a VERY wide range of prices). I didn't know they made an SG version as well as the Les Paul version.

the blue is pretty :)

Just because they killed you off in Jurassic Park 1, it doesn't mean you should give up so easily now.

Besides, with your figure, you're going to need all the toys you can get to impress the chicks!

thats what you get for trying to hide eggs in a can of shaving cream! everybody knows they are only good for hiding drugs!! geeeez!

depression is the mother of all creation and innovation.

people who are happy with things the way they are become

complacent and contribute nothing to mankind.

"sad song sayin' so much"

buy back your stuff , melancholy is creativity in its purest form.

besides, the new girl that makin' you all giddy right now

will eventually dump on you and your gonna wish you still

had your gear to cry on.

• 1 month later...

i always found that playing music and hiding away in my bedroom, studio, or practice space always made me feel much better than anything else. I also am inspired when i feel amazing and alive yet neither of those drastically different feelings or moods makes a difference to the kinds of music i make... strange. I guess i am least productive when i am content... Perhaps being hungry or inspired just comes in waves.... eeeeem.

P

Archived