Apogee causing Apps to quit....

For some strange reason Logic, and any audio I try to play whether it's from iTunes, or Logic, would quit on me if the Apogee Ensemble it the audio playback. Logic wont even open since the last setting for Audio & Hardware was the Apogee Ensemble. The only way Logic would open if I turn off the Apogee, and it goes to the built in audio. Even when I go to my preferences, and manually change it to built in audio the Apogee would light red on channels 3 & 4. So I'm not sure what's going on.

the red lights means phantom power is on, this has nothing to do with your problem,

however, do you have the latest driver for the ensemble ? Maestro 1.7 ?

I do have the latest driver for the Apogee. The red light I'm talking about never happened before. I'm sure of that. Even when I choose an audio from a folder, it quits that on me too.

ok i uploaded "standart: maestro settings, try to load them, maybe you messed with it,

and also check you're audiomidi configuration, it's in the utilities in applications.

if non of this is helping, then my guess is you're ensemble is "broke", you should send it for repair.

also, what what the last thing you done before this problem begin ?

498154494_Picture1.png.7de4603b062716d4ad6a0f4ac8cafcd5.png

ok i uploaded "standart: maestro settings, try to load them, maybe you messed with it,

and also check you're audiomidi configuration, it's in the utilities in applications.

if non of this is helping, then my guess is you're ensemble is "broke", you should send it for repair.

I didn't mess with the setting at all, but I'll check it anyway. I'll look at the audiomidi configuration also. The only thing I did was install some plug-ins, but I removed all the files. Can plug-ins affect the Apogee's playback functions, and cause Quicktime, and Logic to quit when the Apogee is on ?, but again I removed all the files, and still getting the same problem. If the Apogee is broken, I would be curious on to how it got broken. I didn't drop it or nothing.....

I didn't mess with the setting at all, but I'll check it anyway. I'll look at the audiomidi configuration also. The only thing I did was install some plug-ins, but I removed all the files. Can plug-ins affect the Apogee's playback functions, and cause Quicktime, and Logic to quit when the Apogee is on ?, but again I removed all the files, and still getting the same problem. If the Apogee is broken, I would be curious on to how it got broken. I didn't drop it or nothing.....

And this is what I see when I try to open Sound in Preferences...if Apogee is on it would usually just quit on me, but if it stays on, I would see what's in the attached photo....and I don't know why channels 3 & 4 are flashing, cause I did not choose that output anwhere, if anything is should be 1 & 2...

(Attachment deleted by Moderator. Please upload a smaller image)

quicktime is crashing , but itunes is working ?

i don't think it has to do with plugins,

I think at this stage I would try to uninstall (or downgrade) the apogee firmware and then reinstall it.

did you try asking apogee service ?

quicktime is crashing , but itunes is working ?

i don't think it has to do with plugins,

I think at this stage I would try to uninstall (or downgrade) the apogee firmware and then reinstall it.

did you try asking apogee service ?

Yeah, that is right. Quicktime is crashing, but iTunes is working. Yeah, I'm thinking it's the Apogee too. I try what you said... Thx...

Archived