can't hear external MIDI devices

beridox

Even though the sounds in Logic are superior to anything else I have, I'd still like to be able to access the sounds from my Korg 03R/W midi module,my Roland TD-6 V-drum kit, and my Yamaha MO8 (which is working fine as a controller, but only for soft synths). There is no problem using the drum kit to trigger soft synths and I can see that the Korg is playing back recorded midi because the midi channels are lighting up on playback on the Korg. The problem is I can't hear it. I've seen another post and a review online with this same problem. it must be something simple I'm not doing and that the Logic manual doesn't explain well. The midi ins and outs are responding properly at the bottom of the arrange window. I'm brand new to Logic after using Sonar for 7 years.

Thank you

imac 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB 800 Mhz DDR2 SDRam

500 GB internal hard drive

Mac OS X Version 10.5.3

Motu 828mk3 Audio Interface

Two thoughts:

- Does the fact there is something lighting up on the Korg mean there are hearable voices assigned to these channels?

- Did you try inserting a maximum volume event for the right channels at the very beginning of your tracks (CC#7, value =127)?

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, there are definitely hearable voices. If I connect headphones directly to the Korg, it comes through loud and clear. And the buttons are all lighting up properly on the Korg and on my interface/mixer. Also, when I solo the external midi track, it completely ignores the solo. There must be some setup that I am missing. I don't understand the environment window, but maybe that has something to do with it.

I don't know how to insert controller events at this point. Is there any tech support number I can call?

Thank you