exs24 format question

dimitri

I was interested in buying some spectrasonics sample libraries for the exs24. I was just wondering if either the Akai or Giga format would better to buy, I read somewhere Giga has less limatations or something but I just wanted some input. Thanks so much for the help!

definitely get giga.

1) akai samples often get corrupted on import - i have that many glitches and samples that i can't use...

2) giga are coming out with their own giga plug-in which means you will be able to use your giga samples natively within logic on proprietary soft sampler. that would cover your bases nicely.

At an msrp of $399, I can't see rushing out to get another 3rd party sampler with no track record for Mac support.

Not to be argumentative but isn't the native format of all software samplers the audio file? The program is an overlay of settings to that sound file.

One of these days I will test the import of giga samples with exs and with CDExtract. I've been doing a bunch of tweaking of Vienna Opus and KH Ruby and I think I have a handle on how things work. If the samples line up in the right places, I'm pretty sure I can craft the sound into what I want.

No doubt there are giga sounds I would enjoy using. I would have to completely rule out importing before considering http://www.tascam.com/products/gvi_4;9,7,1054,14.html

Archived