Change Project Tempo without Changing Audio Regions

jbsound

I need to change the project tempo of a project with audio tracks exclusively. No MIDI tracks.

Problem is that when I change the tempo of the project in the transport control, or any other method I've tried so far, the audio then time stretched, depending on the tempo change.

What I need to do is maintain the original length of the audio while changing out the project tempo.

More details:

I transferred a project from Digital Performer to Logic via OMF. Opening the OMF file in Logic sets the tempo in Logic to 120, which is not the original tempo in Digital Performer.

How can I change the Logic project tempo without doing a time stretch on the audio tracks?

BTW, locking the SMPTE time seems to be only working with MIDI tracks, so that didn't help.

Thanks,

JB

Thanks, guys. I had tried those methods and for some reason it split the individual audio regions apart and moved them all over the place.

I found that about the only reliable way of working with an OMF project is by creating a new Logic project, set the tempo of the original OMF project and then import the OMF project. Only then will everything line up properly.

I also have to add that I had converted split mono tracks into single stereo tracks before attempting to adjust the project tempo. I'm sure Logic didn't like that.

JB

Archived