M Audio Firewire Solo and Logic Pro 8

Well, I've just started using Logic, but I've immediately encountered a problem.

Well, while I can say that recording works perfectly since I can record and play back using the built in mic on my macbook pro, I can't say it's working for my Firewire solo. I'm just trying to do a basic recording by plugging my guitar directly into the interface and record and playback on Logic. Well, I have the latest drivers installed since I just downloaded and installed them so that's not the problem either.

Sorry for the confusing babble, but my problem is : I can see the audio being "recorded" but after I press the stop button it all gets erased. I try to just record on a mono track but my guitar playing goes unheard as far as I can see on the soundbar (unsure on the name of the bar that shows audio being detected, that lifeline type thing) but when it's stereo( douple looped on the track thing) it detects it only on the right bar and absolutely no noise in the left bar.

So, any help there, very much needed and appreciated!

Edited by xybervirus

Sorry for the bump...but I really need the help soon, hopefully today...

EDIT: Further info on my problem..

Well more google searches led me to believe many people have similar problems, but the information is to unclear to find a possible solution. From what I've seen people are saying that it's only coming in on one speaker, I guess that it might be true for me since sound's only being detected on one side of that bar... but even then I can't figure out how to get it to record mono because when I set it to mono the sound bar shows no detection of sound coming from the interface.

I'll check that, how would that affect what I'm trying to do?

It's been a while since I've looked at the definition, but pretty sure it's related to how Logic handles mono and stereo channels and the little rings that appear on the bottom of your faders to toggle between the two. Thoroughly explained in the manual.