Beat detective like feature

zer0ne

For the love of god.

Just realized I still have to use pro-tools for this. While I know you can do some workarounds to "sort of" get a less than similar function in logic, its not the same. Beat detective is multi track simple, friendly, and fast. Logic is way behind here.

Sigh .. I'm so bummed I still have to use PT 7.42 for efficient audio quantizing and advanced editing ;( I've been an Apple and Logic supporter for so many years but it is totally beyond me why they don't have warp markers and true elastic audio like in the videos above .. it totally boggles my mind why they are so behind what is just a standard feature on all modern DAWs .. really not trying to be negative and Logic is still my DAW of choice but they need to step it up in this area ...

David, you are SUCH the man!!! Thousands of us implore you to please wield some influence with the Logic Studio programmers to develop something at least as good as PT 7.42 with real, multitrack elastic audio; soon .. thoughts? thanks ;)

It's funny, there's this thread here, people crying out for elastic audio/beat detective.

And there's a thread on the Digidesign forum about Protools' sub par RTAS efficiency Vs AU, and poor range of software instruments.

You can't win, can you?

Hi..Actually,,Beat detective (although I never use it after 7.4) and Elastic audio.. Are far superior items in their own sense.. Logic can't even come close..Simple fact..I stil love and use Logic, but not for anything along those lines.. It doesn't work the way PT does..I find I use what I need from this or that program and settle into it..There is no one in all perfect program. So I use PT, Reason ,and Logic..It gets me were I want to go, just a matter of at times a slight detour is nes..I stil turn to Live on occasion, but less and less..They are all magical in their own right.. Perhaps I am, or rather have a love afair with Logic that is a bit over blown. But PT 7.4 is simply amazing, and should be were Logic should be.. But that ain't the way it is..I take what I need and leave the rest..JON

• 3 weeks later...
Why is everybody always whining about this stuff? Just use both, they both have their merits, as davidpye says.

It's like complaining that you can't play a guitar solo on a Rhodes.

Not everyone has the $$$ to use both. I think Logic could contend with PT quite well if it created something like Beat Detective. And so, I'm thinking: "Why don't they do it?" Are they having trouble with the technology? I'm not trying to be an ass here, I'm seriously asking the question. What is it that is stopping them from implementing this feature in future updates?

What is it that is stopping them from implementing this feature in future updates?

Nothing and I don't think anyone is suggesting this won't happen. Patience is a virtue.

I agree, I feel Logic will eventually catch up with PT on the audio editing side of things and PT will eventually catch up with Logic on the midi side of things and so on and so on. Just a personal and hopeful opinion though. Not sure of the time frame of any of this. Patience really is a virtue. One of the few i have.

HAve a good one. :D

Archived