How do I fix my shortcut key for record?

troymess

Hello,

Sorry to bother again, however, I recently re-installed Logic (because of a faulty first attempt) and now, when I hit shortcut key R, it brings up my Library browser under Media INSTEAD of recording.

I never changed it. It's a fresh install and the only thing I changed was the Metronome and File type settings (to .wav).

R by default shouldn't bring up the Library browser, correct? How do I change this to be the correct thing?

Option K should bring up your key command window. You can search for the command "record" in this window and I believe there should be a way to initialize all your key commands. That is if Option K still works in Logic 8...

Sidenote : Is R the new key command in Logic 8? Thats awsome... I remember coming from garageband and hitting R all the time in L7 until I learned it wasn't record.

Option K should bring up your key command window. You can search for the command "record" in this window and I believe there should be a way to initialize all your key commands. That is if Option K still works in Logic 8...

Sidenote : Is R the new key command in Logic 8? Thats awsome... I remember coming from garageband and hitting R all the time in L7 until I learned it wasn't record.

Thanks dude! I found the option. It said Record was set to *, which makes sense if you have a number pad. However, I'm using the wireless Bluetooth Keyboard from Apple and it does not have a number pad. I bound it to R because I don't need a shortcut to my Library Browser right now. If I do, I'll re-assign it to something else.

Thanks for your help!

No problem. Glad I could help. I set mine to "g" because grabar is the word for record in spanish, and "g" wasn't assigned to anything... kinda out there huh?

Haha, that's cool! I took spanish for like 5 years and I actually remember that word...I've been forgetting most of it due to lack of use here in Pennsylvania...