More of the 707's tempo not syncing with Logic 8.

irabovsky

My objective is to sync the tempo of a TR707 and Logic 8.

Okay, after a good amount of time messing around with the Roland TR707 and Logic, they're finally working together.. kind of.

The TR 707 is a midi slave to Logic 8. They are connected via my audio interface, an M-Audio FastTrack Pro. The 707 starts and stops with logic, buts its tempo is way off. When Logic is set to 100bpm, the 707 is up in the 300s. Even if I lower Logic's tempo to 10bpm, the 707 is near the 200s.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this problem?

Hi Ivan,

Usually this is an indication that the receiving device (707) is getting clock from multiple sources simultaneously. Make sure that in your MIDI Sync Project settings that you're only sending MIDI Clock to only one destination.

haha, ski. Thats the second time you messed up my name. its igor! not ivan, or ira :P

Anywho, i'll look more into this. For what I can tell, theres only ONE thing plugged into my interface and thats the 707. I mean, I have a few midi-USB keyboards plugged into my laptop, but I doubt this is the problem.. especially if they're turned off.