two quick questions from a noob

munk18

1. inspector - huh? I have logic pro 7.1 and i cant find anything in the manual about it. for some reason i feel like its right in front of my face.

2. recording optimization. any tips on it? i ask because i had a system error/overload while playing back a song last night. i forgot what error number it was, but it seemed bad. this would happen on my G4 powerbook when i didnt have my desktop, but thats expected from all the plug-ins im using. i do not think its the computer im using now (the xeon). this thing is a beast, but then again i could be wrong.

any tips?

1. inspector - huh? I have logic pro 7.1 and i cant find anything in the manual about it. for some reason i feel like its right in front of my face.

The key command for Hide/SHow Parameters will toggle the Inspector in L7... as far as I remember it was called 'Parameter Area' (or similar) back then).

2. recording optimization. any tips on it? i ask because i had a system error/overload while playing back a song last night. i forgot what error number it was, but it seemed bad. this would happen on my G4 powerbook when i didnt have my desktop, but thats expected from all the plug-ins im using. i do not think its the computer im using now (the xeon). this thing is a beast, but then again i could be wrong.

any tips?

Write down the error message net time it happens, and let us know what it is. If it doesn't come back, the problem is gone. :)

Hi

Regarding the overload messages, if I remember correctly, you must run version 7.2 or later on Intel Macs.

You are probably running v 7.1 under Rosetta.... not a good idea.

You might have problems finding a 7.2 upgrade ( it's a paid update which Apple don't sell any more).. Probably best to upgrade to version 8.

HTH

CCT

L7?

Would that be screenset 7? im not too shortcut savvy...tried researching the "L" lingo and got no luck. is that just screenset 7?

the error message hasnt come back. this is an mac pro intel (desk top). im pretty sure best one out to date and if you say its bad to run 7.1 on it Ill proabably just upgrade to 8. is it a big change from 7 to 8?

well, probably for the better.

thanks again guys!

Archived