Sample Conversion Issue! Help!

davidlemonds

Hi Everyone-

I have recently recorded sone tracks on ProTools and saved each track as a wav. file. I then opened Logic and dragged each wav into the approprriate tracks.

I have done this many times before with no hiccups. However now when I hit the space bar to play it comes out very distorted with an error message that says:

"Error while trying to syncronize Audio & Midi. Sample Rate 88210 recognized. Check conflict between Logic Pro and external device"

I need some help on this. I have had the same set-up for over a year. My digi002 control surface shows a sample rate of 44.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/b]

Ive got the same problem, but its not a sample-rate related issue.

Have you bought any new hardware lately ?

I started to get this out of synchro msg after a ) changing my midi controller to edirol pcr-500 b ) buying 2 uad-1 cards and finally using both with virus ti

and thats a pain ...

I'm not sure what "BIn" is. I can tell you this though. When I bounced out of Protools the sample rate was 44100 at 24 bits. I have installed Final Cut Pro and upped my RAM by 4GB.

Since I saw the first reply I searched for BIn on the program as well as in the manual to no avail. I have also tried opening other projects I have done in Logic and they all have the same issue. Any more ideas/clarification?

Again thanks for your input.

Since I saw the first reply I searched for BIn on the program as well as in the manual to no avail. I have also tried opening other projects I have done in Logic and they all have the same issue. Any more ideas/clarification?

In LP7 it's just called the Audio Window. Since you're running an 002, there's some things you'll want to be careful of. Open Audio MIDI Setup and be sure the Digi core audio driver is not selected as the default system output or input. Sometimes it helps if you restart the Mac after using PT, before you use Logic. Also, the drivers are not really multi-client, so don't open any other audio apps while Logic is running as the drivers are easily confused.

Follow those precautions and with a little luck thrown in, you may be able to use the 002 with Logic without too many errors.

Okay- update:

I checked the audio window and my samples are at 44100 @ 24bits.

I decided just to open up a new session and put in reason on rewire. It comes out distorted as well, and I am getting the same error message even though there are no files on the session to be played.

I'm starting to wonder if I should just re-install the software.