Help- Delay in midi notes during playback/recording

enertron

I just got Logic and a new computer. In 2 of the projects I've made with it so far, there is now a delay in some of the playback. I played the same projects yesterday and they were fine. Nothing at all was changed from then.

In the first project only some of the instruments have the 2 second delay, and it is there when I hit a note on the keyboard, or play a note that's already there. Some of the instruments work fine in the same project though. It's not that complicated a song, just 12 tracks (5 midi, 3 audio, 2 aux, 1 master).

I have Logic Pro 8 and the computer is a dual core 2.4ghz with 4 gb ram.

Help! Why is it doing it now, and not yesterday, and with only certain instruments? (a couple synths and one is the orchestral drum kit)

no idea why and i'm not sure i understand your question exactly.

but, perhaps it is something to do with the following:

when using external synths, that if you have plug-in delay comp set to all and have plugins that are introducing latency, your external MIDI will play back early.

yep it was the Plug-In delay compensation.

The annoying thing is, when I turn it off, the instruments are in sync but the audio tracks are out of sync, and when I turn it on, the audio tracks are in sync but the midi is out of sync.

Now I have to bounce the midi tracks.

Archived