VIP Celebrity Famous Logic users

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I couldn't see him on the list but Thomas Dolby is a quite vocal user of Logic Pro 7. His blog makes mention of Logic and his 'Sole Inhabitant' DVD released last year also includes a tour of his rig and a demonstration of how he uses Logic as well as some other bespoke MAX application to manage Midi, etc.

Check out his blog and forums at: http://www.thomasdolby.com

I'm also a huge fan of Roger O'Donnell (ex Cure keyboard player) and his latest work has all been completed using Logic, a Moog Voyager and not much else. He has presented shows at Apple stores. Take a look at http://www.rogerodonnell.com/studio.html

Cheers,

Andrew

I'm also a huge fan of Roger O'Donnell (ex Cure keyboard player) and his latest work has all been completed using Logic, a Moog Voyager and not much else. He has presented shows at Apple stores. Take a look at http://www.rogerodonnell.com/studio.html

O'Donnell was profiled on march 2006 at the Apple Pro site:

http://www.apple.com/pro/profiles/odonnell/

Steve Wlison of Porcupine Tree has used Logic from it's earliest days.

He's produced for a number of other bands and artists and has about

4 other projects/bands he writes for.

Porcupine Tree drummer Gavin Harrison also uses Logic in his own

studio where he records drum tracks for many artists as well as

writing for PT. He is his own engineer btw.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi David. Sorry for late reply - holidaying/skiving etc. Vileevils are myself and Adam Mole both formerly PWEI. We are collaborating with Clint on a new track. We all use Logic, though what Clint uses for his soundtrack stuff now I don't know. I can ask.

HOLY COW! A PWEI-er on my board!!! I am star-struck!!! :mrgreen:

PWEI defined me as a musician. It was my first exposure to industrial rock, although I wouldn't have called it that exactly. But basically since my first trip in England when my english mate played Now For a Feast for me, I was in love. I still have that album and all your albums on my iPhone and listen to all that stuff to this day. Ugly, oh yeah, she's my ugly girl. Ugly, oh yeah, tailor made for another world. Hahaha! My first foray into audio editing was to spend time in my parent's living room, spinning that song while recording on a tape, pausing the tape, putting another record, scatching a bit, putting back the PWEI record, always hitting pause at the right time. My first remix! :wink:

It's at the same time I discovered the Eight Legged Groove Machine - Wonderstuff album, which I also loved for other reasons. But it's when I heard "This is the Day..." that I was really, really blown away. I even have a 4 title tape of PWEIzation with that chick singing, with the crazy packaging... Also have the Looks or the Lifestyle on vinyl...a real FAN!

So cool. I heard some of the Vileevils demos a while back... liked them a lot, but you guys don't have an album do you? Any plans for a US tour?

PS: the very first time I heard "This is the Day..." was on a tape that some guy gave me. We were camping at some festival, I put the tape in my walkman, and listened in the tent, in my sleeping bag, while the others were sleeping. I must have listened to the whole album twice before I could put the thing down and go to sleep. That album is still one of my favorite albums of all times.

Crabbi, you know this is the point where you absolutely MAKE David's day and ask if he'd like to chip in on a track with you guys. On behalf of everyone here, we'd all love to see David get something cool like that - because he's given us all so much over the months and years.

PS: big fan myself. God, pop music used to have such *edge*...

Robin

Two bit's:

One: The credit you give Marcus Millier is for "The Ladies Man"?

So, um.. Playing with Miles takes a backseat to that?

Sad sad sad.....

Logic user of note: My motorbiking pal Scott Minor of Sparklehorse imfamy and Stewart Pack (just finishing up Doug Gillard of GBV's solo effort) are both serious Logic afflictees.

Marcus Miller is one of the most accomplished musician. He won a Grammy for best Contemporary Jazz album in 2001 and also David Sanborn won a Grammy from a piece that Marcus produced for him. Macus also produced many other artist like Luther Vandross, Miles Davis and many more.

BTW David, "Tim (spit stix) Leitch" from the group "Fear" uses Logic Pro. He has also contribute a few features in Logic. You can ask Clint Ward he'll confirm.

http://www.sol-i.tv/Spit/Stix.html

• 2 weeks later...

I just read an interview and I thought I'd add him to the list.

Justin Sullivan of New Model Army (a band I've really loved for a good 20 years) uses Logic at home. Mushroom Magazine and NMA are having a remix contest with a track off their new album, High, and Mushroom has a little interview with Justin.

The new New Model Army album is done using ProTools, at home I use Logic. I do quite a lot of electronic projects. I did a project last year, creating a soundscape of the city I live in. I interviewed lots of people in the town, and cut up the interviews, and wrote kind of electronic music behind it.

Interview: http://www.mushroom-online.com/v2/?language=english&menu=frequencies&sub=whats.up&art=108424

contest: http://www.mushroom-online.com/v2/?language=english&menu=frequencies&sub=whats.up&art=108296

and the NMA site if anyone's interested: http://www.newmodelarmy.org/fhome.htm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really dig her music, so...

Imogen Heap is now using Logic... And the proof is in one of her vBlogs, where she discusses her frustration with trying to figure out the pitch bend.

It occurs 2:00 min into the video.

And she plays a sample of her work from Logic @ 2:25. She's writing a song for the Heroes TV series... That is, if it airs again...

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Paul Northfield!

Yep, engineer extraordinaire "came out" in this month's EQ, in a write on Mike Portnoy's drum sound (Dream Theater's "Systematic Chaos" album). He said that he uses Logic, but when you hit a major studio, you cannot really expect them to reconfigure the studio for your personal tastes, and so they used PT HD. He said he prefers to use Logic on a Mac Pro with Apogee converters and the Symphony system.

Decent article discussing drum recording, but not in depth at all. But still cool!

Gavin of Porcupine Tree told me he uses Logic...

Yep- whole gang does. Richard, the keys player, uses it + Reason, and then Steven uses Logic for everything: compose, record, edit, mix..including the 5.1 mixes, and the audio mixes for the DVD's for Porcupine Tree and Blackfield. (I posted on this earlier, but did not specify Gavin and Richard also using it...not sure if Colin or John do for their own stuff..)

I heard Geddy and Alex from Rush used Logic at one point, but then also heard Cubase...unsure of Neil's DAW/tool of choice...