Logic 8 and MIDI setup

MPS

I am having trouble getting MIDI into Logic 8 on my MacBook pro through a new Presonus Firestudio Tube. I have created the external keyboard in the audio/midi utility and cabled it to the Firestudio icon. Presonus tech support is telling that I have to run a "setup assistant" and I have poured through the Mnauals for over an hour but I can find no mention of such an assistant in Logic 8. I think the drivers are smegged or the input doesn't work. But I cannot be sure.

If I load the device drivers, plug everything in, the Mac sees the FS Tube plugged in and I have connected the external keyboard midi out to the Presonus midi input, and I have made the connections in the audio/midi utility and hit "rescan misi",... shouldn't it work? Have I missed something?

• 4 months later...
I am having the same problem. I just bought the firestudio tube connected the midi and it did not work. I previously had the fp10 from presonus and it worked just fine. I have been searching the web to find other people with the same problem and you are the only one I found. There must not be that many people using midi.

• 9 months later...

Archived