External Drive Connection

What should i use Firewire 800 or eSata i'm gonna connect my HDD(WD MyBook Studio 1TB) to my MBP either way i'm gonna buy an ExpressCard cause i can't use my ProjectMix together with my External HDD using the Firewire ports on my MBP cause it causes problems...So what do you think is the best that i should do Buy an ExpressCard for eSata or FW800?

BTW i'm gonna use my External HDD as a defualt folder of Logic(like the recordings will go straight to the Drive...

not yet, but I asked in the forum what's recommended

rockdude9k said: "As for choosing a hard drive always, always, always choose the fastest. That means 7,200 RPM's or faster or using a RAID 0 or using eSATA if available instead of firewire 800. You shouldn't use a startup drive for your sessions if you can avoid it thus a fast external drive is good. "

It is said that it is way better

I feel your pain the MBPro is already half filled just from logic

not yet, but I asked in the forum what's recommended

rockdude9k said: "As for choosing a hard drive always, always, always choose the fastest. That means 7,200 RPM's or faster or using a RAID 0 or using eSATA if available instead of firewire 800. You shouldn't use a startup drive for your sessions if you can avoid it thus a fast external drive is good. "

It is said that it is way better

I feel your pain the MBPro is already half filled just from logic

Yeah and also i'm having problems using my HDD and my ProjectMix at the same time...i want to finish a song tomorrow that's why i'm kinda in a hurry...i never thought this is gonna be this complicated haha...

Has anybody tried this setup yet? please share your experiences we (Zoso) would like to hear it... :D

I use both Firewire 800 and eSATA, they both work just fine for recording and playing back sessions from. eSATA is better if you are doing work to picture, but if you are just recording and playing back, Firewire 800 will do ya just fine.