Which is a good controller

What do you want to control?

In orther words...

How do you intend to use the controller?

What I mean is...

Do you like turning knobs?

http://www.cykong.com/Synths/Vermona%20MARS+Control/Images/MARS+MarsControl.JPG

Do you want to fool around with faders?

http://loveisntbrains.com/random/faders.jpg

Do you want to play with pads?

prevail_pads.jpg

In any event, once you figure out what it is you want to do with a controller and how much you want to spend, simply browse through on of the online music stores and see what is available.

I was very stoked about the akai mpk49 and bought it on release, but unfourtenly i had to return it. It's pads are _VERY_ weak, which is absolutley ridiculous for an akai product.

Since this is your first time buying a controller you should try something low priced and learn how to maximize it's function to do everything you need. So many people start with buying a 800 buck controller and only use a tenth of it's functions. With midi learn et al, everything is possible.

I'd advice you to buy something like Novation nocturn, a low priced but awesome knob controller or maybe try out the new Nano line Korg is releasing soon. Or ofcourse, Akai's MPD line that everyone swears invalidates the use of a real mpc.

If you want one with intergrated midi keyboard you should check out Novations SL line since it's definently jam-packed for the buck. Alot of people swear on Edirols PCR line or M-Audio keyboards but it sounds like the CME UF line would fit you perfectly, so it's all up to you, go to a store and try 'em all out.

There's alot of options and i've used alot of them since controllers are cruical in what i do. I went into it with the mindset that "a midi controller is a midi controller", but really, there's a huge different between them. And yes, i realize that I mentioned novation twice, but there's million of options and i'm jus

Archived