Beatmaker for iPhone

Anybody else try beatmaker yet? It rules! :D

I mean, it's no Logic, but for a cell phone program it can't be beat (no pun intended).

Here's a demo of it from youtube:

I really like the Pianist app from MooCow Music too. It makes for a great melody scratchpad.

Anybody else rockin on any iPhone apps?

I'd save the $10 from band and put it towards beatmaker instead.

Band's pads and bass are cool, but the "guitar" sucks, and the piano is weak compared to Pianist. Beatmaker has way better pads, plus you can create your own kits and use custom samples, and it has a sequencer!

I'm sorry to be the butthole :lol: but am I the only one who is getting upset that Logic doesn't have this sort of thing?

I realize this is probably a third party app, but still .... I just feel it is another way that Apple is paying a lot of (necessary for business) attention to the iPhone, when they could be spreading some of that attention to the Logic group.

FWIW - that does look like a really fun app to have.

Actually - I think that I will check out the rest of the videos on there as well.

I am a sucker for technology - I just can't afford the iPhone!

:cry:

had to restore my iphone the other day and now cant find pianist on the websites :? will look into beatmaker. its all a bit of fun i think i would never considering taking a track further than keeping it in my iphone

Yeah, I don't intend to use the program to compose complete songs. I like using it more as a way to write drum beats while on the go. And if I write one that I really like I will most certainly import it into Logic (although MIDI exporting isn't yet available in Beatmaker) and use it in a complete song.

Plus it's fun as hell to use! Especially when you start creating your own kits. I've actually already resampled a couple of my favorite Ultrabeat kits and created Beatmaker kits out of them :D