Melodyne, Autotune or Waves Tune...what do you use?

If you can't sing in tune or play in tune...Well then what's the point??? I use both melodyne and PT's eleastic audio ,but not to get things in tune..I use them for stuff out the door..By far PT's elestic audio is a major plus..Some familiar traights from Logic and a whole lot more. I never do pitch correction ,I will however go the opposite with pitch deconstruction..If you can't sing in pitch,,get out of the pool is my thought..But there are so many more creative uses for theese sorts of plugins it is mind boggling.. Check out the future version of celemony, DNA..It brings a whole new thing to the table.. JON

I use both the melodyn plug and waves tune LT. I prefer the sound of the waves plug over melodyn but as one poster mentioned, the melodyn plug lets you work on more that just pitch.

For the most part, waves sounds much more natural to me.

Carl

If you can't sing in tune or play in tune...Well then what's the point???

It would be a nice luxury to be able have that attitude. I don't tune every singer everywhere, but sometimes it's required in what I do.

I have been using Melodyne for about a year now, after years on AT. At first I loved the functionality (I still do), but the more I use it the more I notice stupid little artifacts and run up against notes that just won't tune with it... They go into a crazy pulsing sound (even in detection, sometimes, with no manipulation) that make them unusable. I use the plugin, but I doubt that makes any difference, I'm sure the algorithm is the same.

I may go back to AT, after all, I guess.