Mono Bouncing - Again

trebor99

I've looked through previous posts on this subject and have followed recommended ways of getting it done.. but alas to no avail.. so here's the deal:

I have a mono recording of some lead vocals with Melodyne Plugin in the Channel Strip.. I let Melodyne do it's thing.. and then bounce that audio file (by itself) as a mono AIFF file and then re-introduce it into the project.. this way I don't have to keep Melodyne running.. I can delete that original vocal track from the project if I want.. I've done this before and it worked out fine.. but now it's not working.. keeps getting bounced as a stereo file.. so I've followed the recommended settings of changing the output object to mono and use that BNCE button at the bottom of the strip.. but it still comes back as a stereo file.. has Logic made changes to this I didn't know about? I'm using Logic 8.0.2.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I think I found the problem:

the 1st time I bounced I forgot to make the necessary changes to get a mono bounce.. so I made the changes (switch Output Object to Mono) and bounced again (several times) but each time I would drag and drop that new AIFF mono file from the Finder into the project it would read as stereo.. so I would delete that file from the Finder and try again.. but because the original stereo AIFF file of the exact same name was still sitting in the Audio Bin.. Logic was fixated on it.. so even though I took the correct steps to bounce to mono it kept coming back as stereo.. so once I went into the Audio Bin and deleted that original stereo AIFF file and re-did the mono bounce I got the mono file into the project.. :D

Lesson Learned: the Audio Bin stores the audio files that Logic reads and if I have a bad file either re-name the new (improved) file or go into the Bin and delete the problem file and start over.

good to know.. but am having no problems now getting the mono bounces I want.. kinda felt foolish after I realized what was going on with this recent problem and was able to correct it myself :oops:.. nice to know this forum is here.. lots of good help available.. thanks again.

Trebor