Please Help! I am new in mac & logic world..

yes, but you will be better off getting an intel mac because apple

are phasing out support for IBM,PPC,G5.

the new SNOW LEOPARD coming out next year is intel only.

most of apples IBM support will eventually go away, so if you

can afford it, get an I-MAC, or a MAC PRO, or else you will

become outdated.

Thanks for the fast reply!

I think , for the start is good G5 PowerMac.I want work with Logic Pro 8 now:)

I Buy tomorrow the g5 and i start the learning.I want destroy my PC :)

If Mac is better as Pc then i plane to buy intel mac in to 2 year ...

I'm interested in sound quality!

Do look into imac 2.4GHz, 20" Intel Core Duo. My friend just bought a unit yesterday and it's awesome and fast machine. Running Logic Pro.

Knowing that is fun to get a mac and quickly jump onto logic and start making music but do think of long term and not short term when it comes to buying computers. New computers will last long and if you get the G5 PowerMac, there's nothing much you can do in the next 1 or 2 years to come while software/OS gets updated really fast and you will be left behind with no support. Also, money don't come easy. Do make a good decision and make your purchase worth.

Cheers

Sorry for the bad info.I Buy Dual G5 1.8 , not single core.I make music from 1999 but i dont like the sound of pc i have buy many software & hardware for pc.. but the song in final is not 100% just 80-90% on pc ,I don get real "music feeling" from pc.

Many pepole say to me mac is the answert for the soundquality , for the real 100% song.

I buy to day the power mac g5 only for 600€ then i go to the shop & buy leopard or tiger & the Logicstudio 8... :)

Sorry for the bad info.I Buy Dual G5 1.8 , not single core.I make music from 1999 but i dont like the sound of pc i have buy many software & hardware for pc.. but the song in final is not 100% just 80-90% on pc ,I don get real "music feeling" from pc.

Many pepole say to me mac is the answert for the soundquality , for the real 100% song.

I buy to day the power mac g5 only for 600€ then i go to the shop & buy leopard or tiger & the Logicstudio 8... :)

i think you're getting a mac for the wrong reason

the PC is not giving you bad sound quality (unless you are using a crap soundcard)

You really need to look at the way you mix/produce - as that is where the quality of your work will come from

Archived