EVB3 (Tonewheel Organ) - constant overloads.

luckyal

I'm running the 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro (November 2007), with 4 GB of Apple Certified Ram and Apogee Duet. Buffer size 256, 44,1; 16 bit.

I get constant "core overload" messages with EVB3 Tonewheel Organ that comes with Logic. Even though I hate them, I can understand the errors with 3rd party plugins, but c'mon, logic's own EVB3 not taking advantage of the second core is a real pain. I can have it loaded all by itself and just playing the instrument back constantly overloads the 1st core.

I had no such problems on my dual 2.0 GHz G5 with 3 GB of Ram....even after one of the CPU's overheated and fried. Does anybody know what the problem is?

Apple's MacBook Pro Performance Page says;

"Logic Pro showed a 55% performance improvement, playing 255 reverb plug-ins compared to 165 reverb plug-ins played on a 2.16GHz Core Duo–based MacBook Pro."

I don't know about anyone else here, but even my MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz, which according to apple, was a huge step up, cannot play 165 of any plugins.

Am I missing something here?

I have absolutely nothing running in the background.

I would like to know this too as I've had this same issue before on my

Macbook CD 2.0. It's pretty sad when 3rd party plugin can perform better

than Logic's own EVB3.

Duet is drawing power from the MacBook Pro. MacBook Pro is plugged in....always.

On the contrary, when I got my 8 core, first thing I did was to get 100 EVB3 running at the same time. Yeah 100 ! ...

Then after some time and few updates i started to get spikes .... :-/

There you go. You can never guess what update is going to screw up your setup.

Why can't Apple release a "Pro Apps" version of OS only. I bet there are plenty of users that would be willing to pay $200 for a custom OS.

On the contrary, when I got my 8 core, first thing I did was to get 100 EVB3 running at the same time. Yeah 100 ! ...

Then after some time and few updates i started to get spikes .... :-/

There you go. You can never guess what update is going to screw up your setup.

Why can't Apple release a "Pro Apps" version of OS only. I bet there are plenty of users that would be willing to pay $200 for a custom OS.

I'm hoping that the Snow Leopard release will make noticable improvements in such matters. Emphasis on hoping... ;)

I'm hoping that the Snow Leopard release will make noticable improvements in such matters. Emphasis on hoping... ;)

I don't get it....

Shouldn't the current version of Leopard/Logic do the job it was designed to do. I mean, why do we have to wait and pay for the next major upgrade to fix the existing problems?