Need Help doing a repetitive hip hop drum roll

ltroy89

hey new here and i need major help. I'm trying to do a repetitive drum roll basicially hip hop. you her it a lot in alot of rap songs now. I just don't know what to do. Couple of songs that you guys may know of what i'm talking about is Milli- by lil wayne has them in there and Keisha Cole - Didnt i tell you has a whole bunch of them in there. IF any knows how to do them please help will be appreciated much.

i'm going to try that yea i have the midi axiom 25 the new keyboard it's weird playing around with it because you can change the way it works through enigma.. but yea i'm deff try that you guys are more than welcome to i-m me at mtroy89 on aim to see if i got it cuz i deff need some help lol thanks.

hey new here and i need major help. I'm trying to do a repetitive drum roll basicially hip hop. you her it a lot in alot of rap songs now. I just don't know what to do. Couple of songs that you guys may know of what i'm talking about is Milli- by lil wayne has them in there and Keisha Cole - Didnt i tell you has a whole bunch of them in there. IF any knows how to do them please help will be appreciated much.

hows it ging, the best way i do this all the time is get the ultrabeat classic hip hop remix kit loaded. on the axiom look for the 2 snares that are next to each other, one has a slight reverb on it so it gives it a variation (more real sounding)im more than sure your doing this after a basic kick and snare pattern has already been set so just record yourself playing the rolls how you want them to do it, select the region and set the quatize for that region to 32nd notes and voila, if u want the more digital sound just slide the notes from the reverbed snare to the less reverb snare aftet you play it out (it helps to do rolls on 2 keys rather than just one) if u wanna get creative u can do automation on pans from left to right and add a 1/8 note delay through a bus and youll get a smile im sure. Peace!

alright kool thanks man man sounds good to me i'm try that.. oh yea one more thing for some reason pro tools Le doesn't detect my axiom 25 why is that i have usb uno midi in and out do i need something else for pro tools to run ?