Logic Studio (8) install WITH Logic 7 Pro

Hi there,

Apologies if this is a question asked before, but I can't seem to find a DEFINITIVE answer . .?

I have Logic Pro 7 installed on my G4 Dual which runs great - I also want to install Logic Studio(8) on the same machine, so that I can get used to it.

In doing so - am I likely to encounter problems with Logic 7 after the new install of 8? I am mid project on 7, and want to know that I'm not going to cause myself problems.

Some users seem to say that Logic Studio installs as a new separate install - other experience problems . . and the manual seems vague to me . . ?

Any help would be much appreciated - thanks.

Helicopter.

Hi

I personally didn't have any problem. Believe it or not I was in mid project too when I was going to install L8. I waited though just in case. I'd say to play it safe and just finish your current project and then install. Like I said though I personally never experienced any problems. I wouldn't think there would be any problems either but you say you've read about some so I'd just play it safe and wait. It's really up to you though.

HAve a good one. :D

Yep, finish what you're doing because if I remember correctly, Logic 8 does something to the Apple Loops library, I don't know if it overwrites them because of the new CAF format. It doesn't overwrite Logic 7, but some things get changed for sure. So if Logic 7 is your main source, be ready to be moving over to 8 pretty soon if you do install it.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I know things change after the install.

Archived