Just installed Logic Studio and it Crashes...

brewbaker

...when I try to open a template--any of them. When I open a blank project it's OK. Mainstage and Waveburner open OK. I'm running it on an Dual Core iMac 2.4 with 4GB of RAM and OS 10.4.11. All files are installed on the main drive and there's an external firewire drive for audio. I'm using a Tascam FX-1082 for an interface. Any suggestions? Maybe I need to upgrade the Logic files?

run software update. Logic does not necessarily (and maybe not at all) ship with the latest point update 8.0.2. You can check your current version by opening logic and going to logic menu>about logic. Please list more specific configuration information (computer, ram, os version, logic version, audio hardware interface) so that others can attempt to help you through troubleshooting a specific set of hardware/software instead of making uninformed guesses as to the status of your system. There is probably an issue with one of the resources needed in the templates like a plugin or loop or something. You could try running the AU validation on all your plugins.