editing MIDI in Arrange window?

drumjazz

I used Digital Performer for many years before getting Logic. Old habits are hard to break, but maybe someone can help me. In DP, I could click/drag/delete/etc measured bits of MIDI info directly in the "Tracks" window, which looks roughly like the "Arrange" window in Logic. It seems this type of editing is not possible in Logic, or have I missed something? Any other ways to do this easily?

Thanks!

Thanks.

Now, how do I truncate a MIDI event from the front end? For instance: I push record, but don't play for a few seconds as I wait for the right moment. Then, after recording, there is a block in the Arrange window that represents what I have just recorded. I know that I can copy/paste that block to another starting point, but it will still have the silence on the front of it. If I open that block in the Edit window, there doesn't seem to be a way to get the block's front edge to move up to the first MIDI note-on message; I am stuck with a couple of seconds of space before the notes start.

It's easy in the Arrange window to click/drag the right edge cursor back to the left, which shortens the block. It doesn't want to do this from left/beginning to right, though, and that's what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thanks again!