logic 8 plug in

I need a better limiter plug in for mastering than comes with logic.

I really liked the sound of Waves L2 that I used on my PC.

They tell me I will have to upgrade to use it in Logic 8 on my intel Mac.

What they can't tell me is if it will work in FC or if it will have any adverse affect on Final Cut. Has anyone tried it? Do you have any other recommendation on a great sounding limiter plugin for Logic that is compatible with FC and Sound Track Pro?

Yeah

For a free plug in the Yohng really is pretty good. Definitely has the same feel as the L1. Sound quality is similar as well. I prefer the adaptive limiter to be honest. But then My mastering goals have never been to make a REALLY loud song. I find the Adaptive Limiter is really nice with about 3 to 4db of gain to it. It adds some nice saturation (At least to my ears :D ), anything past that and my songs sound very abrasive. I've heard a lot of good things about the Sonnox limiter. It seems like you can really push that thing. Not sure if it will work in FC or STP. Definitely check it out. Maybe see if you can download a demo.

HAve a good one.

Two of the best limiters for mastering are:

Sonnox Oxford Limiter and Flux Pure Limiter. Flexible and excellent tools.

In my opinion the free W1 doesn't even come closer to the long-in-the-tooth L1, which is primarily for mixing - not mastering.

I need a better limiter plug in for mastering than comes with logic.

I really liked the sound of Waves L2 that I used on my PC.

They tell me I will have to upgrade to use it in Logic 8 on my intel Mac.

What they can't tell me is if it will work in FC or if it will have any adverse affect on Final Cut. Has anyone tried it? Do you have any other recommendation on a great sounding limiter plugin for Logic that is compatible with FC and Sound Track Pro?

Have you really gone through every single aspect of Logics built-in options? It's nice to have plugs but Logic's are capable of way more than people are giving it credit for.

If you need it for video you probably just need something stale and digital so any plug-in, cranked to ridiculousness will get you in the game.

Archived