logic plug or waves?

here is the deal. been a cubase sx user for years.. had Waves diamond bundle...on the windows pc... I always used.. the c1 comperssor on every vocal track..and th Rverb as a bus..always was great.. Today I recorded with logic..and client "Calls and says.. go back to cubase the mix soudnds horrible.." i thought it sounded kind of thin and hollow myself.

how are these logic plug ins.? did used the wrong ones. whats out that that would comared to this c1 compressor

please tell me what you use..

or what what you think of the follwing for my intel 2.66 tower with 3 gigis of ram.

anyone use...........

sonalksis?

metric halo?

izotope?

thank you

I don't think your "sounding thin" comment has nothing to do with Logic and the plug-ins but everything to do with you not being familiar with them yet.

Or some other factor.

In my opinion the C1 sucks and Logic's compressor is better. But if you like it and iyou are familiar with it, you could consider installing it for your Logic setup.

I use Waves Renaissance, Sonalksis SV-315 and the Logic compressor if we're talking software.

The most common response would be, why don't you just install the waves bundle for logic. If it is a question of paying the WUP, then only you will know whether it is worth it. I must say that I am using the waves plugs less these days, bit they do have their place some situations, especially the Rennaisance plugs.

in the studio i was in.. I was not the owner of the computer or plug-ins...

but I will look further into the logic compressor.. since you guys love it so much.

maybe I have to play with it a bit more.. truth is that Logic is an extremely powerful app.. being a Cubase and Digital Performer user since wow.. the days of my Mac SE.. Logic blows away DP.. by a long shot...

Archived