Search for tracks?

akaandykay

Nope. But a little organization goes a long way, and you shouldn't really have to search for a track, even in a 200 track project, if your tracks are color coded, have names, icons, are organized by type of instrument (drums & percussions, strings, woodwinds, brass, electronic instruments, etc etc...). And if that doesn't do it, you can also use folders to pack groups of tracks together.

Hi

Here is a picture of a basic folder setup. Essentially what you are seeing are the folders in the arrange window. I color code each one based on instruments. Drums,Gtrs, Bass, Vox etc. I also used the text tool to name each folder. That way it's easy to navigate to any particular instrument group. The thing I love best about folders is that when you open your mixer tab and then click on a folder it updates your mixer to show just what's in that folder you're in. It's a very simple yet very efficient way to organize projects. I usually just use folders on BIG projects as they REALLY make track navigation and mixing very easy.

HTH

HAve a good one.

536155276_Picture1.thumb.png.a00a0e30922d2fe3bbf97aef9bd8a541.png