Two interfaces (One Firewire/One USB 2.0) in Logic?

troymess

Hello,

I own an M-Audio Fast Track Ultra USB 2.0 which has 6 inputs (4 with pre-amps) and recently purchased an Alesis iO26 which has 8 inputs (all 8 have pre-amps) so that I can have more tracks simultaneously for drums.

My question is, could I have these running at the same time in Logic (thus giving me up to 14 inputs simultaneously)?

I ask this question, because when I pick my input for a new track in Logic, it merely says Input and then the number. Will Logic support two audio interfaces simultaneously? and only one as my output while using the other only for inputs?

Thanks!

You need to create an aggregate device in the AUDIO Midi utility.

I didn't think M-Audio drivers could be aggregated. I was under the impression they had the same "aggravated" core audio drivers that other Digi interfaces had. I could be wrong.

You need to create an aggregate device in the AUDIO Midi utility.

I've went into my MIDI options and aggregated my M-Audio Fast Track Ultra and my iMac's input together. It seems to have worked, so once I receive my Alesis iO26, it should work. Yay!

Thanks for the help guys!

I'm shortly going to be in a similar position - I have a ProSonus Firebox FW interface and an M-Audio Ozone keyboard. One is FW and one is USB.

Can someone guide me through the steps to 'aggregate' these together? I'm new to this, so any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,

John

Oh, and one extra question: I don't always intend to be using the Ozone - but the Firebox will always be on. Does an 'aggregated' device degrade back to a single device if one of the other 'aggregated' devices is not available or switched off?

If you're using the Ozone as MIDI you don't need to create an aggregate device. The Ozone is not another audio interface. Just plug the Ozone into the Firebox Midi In and if you see MIDI activity in Logic in the transport bar while hitting the keys you're all set.

logic recognizes an ag device as a separate interface. When both of your devices are connected, select the ag device. When one is unplugged, select ozone or firebox device directly.

To set it up an ag device open audio midi setup. go to the audio menu. The only option is open ag device editor. Open it up ad click the plus button. This will create the device which you can title for your reference. At this point the bottom list will populate with the available ins/outs. Just select the desired devices. The clock probably doesn't matter for basic ags. Click OK and that's it! It should show up in the device list.

Archived