What do all these Logic Pro Apps Do?

uneek78

I just recently bought Logic Pro and got more than I bargained for. Like a gazillion applications came along with it. I have no idea what to do with them and opening them doesn't help, because I am completely unfamiliar with them. Is there anyone out there that can explain in semi-detail what each application that comes along with Pro Logic is suppose to be used for? :?

Can I jump in here to ask what I suspect and hope is a stupid question: All of these programs/plugins are fully accessible within Logic Pro, right? I mean, when I set up a virtual instrument track, does the full array of virtual instruments appear in the panel on the right side of the screen? I want to be sure that I'm seeing all of the options, and that I don't have to go out looking for any of these resources, or load them in using process different from the normal installation process. Similarly when I want to add dsp to a vocal or guitar part, the studio effects library is just there, right?

Thanks, David, I thought this would be the case.

Your response raises another question: Can these instruments & effects be used in GarageBand? Because Logic is complicated (for me at least), I've temporarily retreated to GarageBand as a fast & easy way to get my ideas down before they float off into the ether. I haven't yet spent much time in Garageband, but it seems as though the instrument/effect choices I see in GarageBand aren't as plentiful. I'm guessing that a lot of stuff is not there.

Well,

I just found out the hard way that the answer is probably 'no.' See my thread titled 'ARGHH!.' I expect that the loops cannot be used in my version of GB because it antedates LP8. I have v3.0.4 of GB. I cannot audition them or drag the loops into the track area.

Glenn