Editing in Logic is really really horriable

grover47

You know people when is Apple gonna get it together with the editing in Logic.I am trying to edit a drum track i have the drums grouped.And everytime i edit it pastes the guitar in the drum tracks.I have disabled the group,toggled the group clutch....blah blah blah.It's just not good period.......and everyday i rave about Logic but the editing is so horriable that a pro would never want to edit in this program.And it breaks my heart that Apple and the Logic team cant get it together enough to fix this s#!+!!!!!!!the last thing i want to do is export to Pro tools but if i keep getting these version 1 type bugs in version 8 what would you expect someone to do Apple!!!!!?

You know what's horrible - your spelling.

Seriously though, I find editing in Logic to be much more intuitive, responsive and logical. Of course, I didn't learn Pro Tools until after I learned Logic, so I come with that perspective. I suspect someone coming from the reverse might find Logic's editing somewhat "different".

You know people when is Apple gonna get it together with the editing in Logic.I am trying to edit a drum track i have the drums grouped.And everytime i edit it pastes the guitar in the drum tracks.I have disabled the group,toggled the group clutch....blah blah blah.It's just not good period.......and everyday i rave about Logic but the editing is so horriable that a pro would never want to edit in this program.And it breaks my heart that Apple and the Logic team cant get it together enough to fix this s#!+!!!!!!!the last thing i want to do is export to Pro tools but if i keep getting these version 1 type bugs in version 8 what would you expect someone to do Apple!!!!!?

I agree... not with you, but serpicolugnut.

Your spelling is horrible.

Why do you blame Logic and its programmers for your incompetence?

Perhaps if you take time to learn how to use Logic, you would know how to use it, ....blah blah blah.

Here is a free online spell checker too.

http://www.spellcheck.net/

I assure you there are many 'pros' that edit in Logic on a daily basis without issue. You are certainly entitled to your opinion based on whatever your experience may be with Logic, but I tend to doubt you'll find many supporters of your opinion here... :wink:

...Except me.

I use PT for recording and editing audio for these very reasons. Believe me, I hate Digidesign and their bullshit hardware restrictions, and I tried really hard for years to find ways to make Logic work for me in this area. Eventually I realized it was killing my workflow.

Blaming Apple, the software developers, etc. only goes so far, though, IMHO. Ultimately it is up to you to do what you need to do to achieve what you want to achieve.

But, yeah, you should use the spell check thingy...

LOL

Archived