What the point of Screen Sets if...

oldbetseysatan

You (or should that be I?) can't save a screen set with different tracks sizes across different screens?

An example: I'm getting a nice template set up, everything from different tracks sizes for different instruments, rewired instrument, audio channels, color-coding (it's a visual workflow thing for me...) all the way to setting up my template to load Snap with 'snap to absolute value/beats' locked up and ready to roll. WOOHOO! Not...

As soon as I load a nice new project, everything looks as it should, switching between my 1, 2, and 3 is all fine and dandy but as soon as I resize any tracks on my arrange page, not even my 'main' arrange page, but any page that includes as arrangement window the tracks, all the tracks, resize across ALL of my screen sets, and I can't get back to my original locked screens.

What's the point in being able to lock something if it's not actually locked?

I'm hoping there's a little preference tucked away that I haven't found... :-(

R.

Hmmm...

It's seems to only happen across all of screens sets if I SHIFT-Click on an audio/instrument track 'header' in order to reduce the size of all the tracks. I was trying to set up a screen that has all the audio/instruments tracks reduced so I can view all tracks at the same time as the mixer which I think is typically supposed to be screen 1.

It doesn't matter which screen set I'm in, it's alters the size across all screens and I can't get it back to my 'saved' size.

If I don't mess with the track size, or should I say, as long as I don't REDUCE the track size, it's fine but once I want to customise a screen set it gets all crazy on me.

R.