audio track wont play sound

woahimapro

hey everyone

ive been using a new macbook pro with logic studio for about a month now

and very recently ive come across this problem.

some of my audio tracks will not play any sound...!

im level 1 certified now so ive gotten past "check if the track is muted" :)

also, some audio tracks are sending audio to other tracks, even though no sends or inputs are set.

hopefully someone else has had this problem and can heeeelllpppp meeeeee!

thanks

Wish i could answer your questions. I'm experience with Logic also and I'm having some unexplainables.

I’m having a few issues with Logic Pro 8 on my quad 2.66(5gbram):

My inputs have disappeared. I have 8 inputs on my interface but under inputs on any audio track only "1-2" is available. The others are grayed.

I’ve been using Logic for 6 years and I’m stumped. I don’t know what changed. Only thing I’ve done is import a Motif Rack XS layer in order to have instrument names available.

And . . . I opened some old Logic 7 files in Logic 8 (double clicked on them and Logic 8 opened) Every Logic 7 file seemed to have some anomaly. Like double audio tracks for one audio track- where if my audio was on a mono track 1, audio meters would respond on track 2.

Recently, no audio track plays at all! ( Mac os x 10.5.4, Logic 8.0.2, 5Gb ram)

Is this a reinstall Logic issue or something with my Logic Environment that is twisted?

I'm embarrassed but hope any one reading my post learns and also I hope the original poster's question gets answered.

1. Just got the Motif Rack is is connected to outputs 5-6 on my machine. SO when I was running a song, I could hear the midi(Motif) through the monitors because the interface sends the inputs direct out to the monitors. I couldn't hear the audio because my audio preferences were 'built-in'. thus 1-2 being the only outputs I could see.

I don't know when the settings switch but since I'm used to using software instruments in Logic, the Rack threw me a curve. Usually if the audio interface is out, all sound would be gone and my first thought would be to check the audio interface settings. This time was a little different.

I'd be laughing my self but I have too much work to do.

woahimapro My apologies for hijacking the thread before your answer is posted. I'm still seeing the issue you mentioned on my system. I still would like to know:

What is happening with woahimapro's issue ??

Archived